New Uses for the Tinder Model
Tinder has perfected the art of the swipe, left for no and right for yes. This approach has partially made the app so addictive others are trying to mimic their success.
I can imagine I’m not the first to try to think of uses outside of the dating world though I’ve yet to see the swipe approach out in the wild. So what other services could use the swipe left or right method for attracting new clientele? A few come to mind.
- Doctors - you show your vitals, health history and insurance type and you see the ratings of doctors, number of comments, time in practice, malpractice claims and you go from there.
- Cars - your credit rating, car type desired, new or used and the dealer/seller sees your credit rating.
- Babysitters - how many kids do you have, what’s your credit score, what’s your occupation, have you used sitters from the service before? You see the sitter’s rating, age, sitting history and a photo.
- Dog walkers - similar to your babysitter model but for dogs.
- Nursing homes - you see the price of longer term care, number of residents to staff ratio, a rating of some sort and filed complaints and the facility sees your credit history, type of illness or care level and a photo.
- Home remodeling - you add your budget, what work needs to done, a photo of your house and your credit score while the contractor shows the length of time in business, a rating from the BBB, any complaints on file and the type of projects they do.
I’m sure there are hundreds of use cases for the model, it would be great to see more uses show up live in the app store.